- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Skype/Telegram: BioDranik
- GitHub: github.com/biodranik
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/alexanderborsuk
- Facebook: facebook.com/biodranik
June 2016 — till now
Cofounder @ VibroBox, Fully automatic vibration diagnostics and condition monitoring cloud service for industrial equipment. Predict machinery malfunction and provide detailed maintenance recommendations. Unique algorithms are created by a team of scientists with a digital signal processing expertise led by Igor Davydov, Ph.D.
- Business strategy advising
- Hosting and load scaling
- Developing iOS and Android apps to record audio and other sensors data
- Web service UI and concepts
July 2010 — June 2016
MAPS.ME – open-source, detailed offline maps of the World for iOS and Android, based on crowd-sourced OpenStreetMap data
System Architect @ Mail.Ru Group/Co-Founder, January 2015 - June 2016
- Developed offline map editor for MAPS.ME with direct upload to crowd-sourced OpenStreetMap database
- Open-sourced MAPS.ME code https://github.com/mapsme/omim
- Developed and integrated open-source cross-platform statistics https://github.com/biodranik/Alohalytics
CTO/Co-Founder, November 2013 - January 2015
- Scaling of maps data distribution and HTTP delivery services to match growing user base
- Product management and releases delivery
- Ported Open Source Routing Machine for offline navigation to iOS and Android
- Gradle build system integration
- New features development and bug fixing
- Web sites deployment
CEO/Co-Founder, February 2012 — November 2013
- Product management and releases delivery
- Increased userbase from 120K to 2.5M
- Break-even revenue generation
- Built dev and marketing teams (13 people)
- Developed and released 26 offline travel guides apps http://guidewithme.com
- Established development office in Minsk, Belarus
- Business development, PR and marketing
- New features development and bug fixing
- Perfected users support
Co-Founder, July 2010 — February 2012
- OpenStreetMap data processing pipeline
- High load client/server maps distribution via HTTP
- Unicode normalization for multilanguage offline search
- Native user interface for iOS and Android, QT user interface for Mac, Windows and Linux
- Compiled/ported core code to iOS, Android, Bada, Mac OS X, minGW, Linux, Windows XP/Vista/7
September 2010 — February 2011
First Mode Limited, Product Manager/Technical Director
Case Management System for cross-platform web clients
- Public Relations
- Generated concepts and ideas for system design and UI and created functional specifications
- Planned timeline and estimated tasks with developers
- Organized developers team and maintained project infrastructure.
February 2008 — July 2010
BLRSoft (now HTC Blr), mobile platforms development, Senior Software Engineer/Team and Technical Leader/Human Resource Manager/Linux Administrator
Search project for Symbian and Windows Mobile
- Implemented Symbian devices data text indexing and search functionality.
- Universal Content Provider project for Symbian and Windows Mobile
- Implemented and maintained Symbian data providers with access to device's contacts, messages, calendar, bookmarks, network connections.
- Ported library for different Symbian platforms (3.1, 3.2, 5.0, N97) and maintained Windows Mobile compatibility.
- Symbian Idle homescreens for European cellular operators
- Managed projects tasks and organized local developer and QA teams, including testing with different prototype devices.
- Designed projects architecture for different Symbian platforms
- Developed a number of core components, including UI, networking, calendar events, contacts database, missed calls, messages, e-mails, status pane.
- Ported projects to Symbian 3.1, 3.2 and 5.0 (touch) devices.
- Wrote technical and architectural specifications.
- Integrated and used best practices from Agile/Extreme/Scrum programming methodologies for the projects.
- CardBrowser for Symbian, microSD card autolaunch menu
- Planned timeline and designed architecture and components.
- Implemented different UI and core library parts, including interactive controls, animation engine, ini-parser, images loading and caching mechanism.
- Mobile crossplatform GUI library for Windows Mobile and Symbian
- Investigated and reviewed existing code and architecture with all it's pros and cons.
- Migrated code base from C to C++, from SVN to Mercurial.
- Developed and maintained different system components, including messaging, networking and UI.
- Internal company infrastructure support
- Looked for new developers and iterviewed them.
- Maintained Ubuntu/Debian linux administrative tasks: virtual servers, backup, mail, network, wiki, LDAP, Mercurial etc.
- Managed projects documentation on TRAC and internal wiki.
- Implemented cross-platform python autobuild system.
October 2007 — February 2008
InfoTechnology Inc., belarussian division of XIM company, Senior Software Engineer
Midomi, music and hum/sing recognition client for Symbian devices
- Got rich development experience with Symbian OS system environment and development tools.
- Designed and implemented GUI for mobile client software, among with http-based advertisement and http player.
- OpenWave C++ firmware for cheap mobile phones
- Developed a number of XSL transformations to convert internal XML documentation, which is also the source for C++ headers, into XML DITA format.
- Automated QA processes with supporting perl scripts, including URL grabber, Purify log analyzer, html reports generator.
July 2007 — August 2007
DVD Ripper/Player Station
- Designed and implemented software for Windows, including GUI, movies library, video files and DVD Playback with DirectShow, second monitor/projector support and multiDVD drives support.
September 2006 — October 2007
Belsoft Borlas Group, IT outsourcing solutions, Software Engineer/Team Leader
Smart IP, tcp/udp network optimizer and switcher
- Redesigned Windows Mobile client GUI and ported it to WM5.0.
- Integrated automatic Code Signing pipeline for Windows Mobile 5.0 client, including developer certificates at development stage and VeriSign certificates for production based on Microsoft Mobile2Market program.
- Developed and maintained software installation packages for different Windows platforms.
- Ported existing client/server code for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008, including LSP and NDIS network drivers.
- Implemented log files analyzer and statistics generator.
- Created dozen of Functional Specifications and Design documents for different software components.
July 2004 – September 2006
Credo Dialogue, scientific & industrial company, CAD-systems development, Software Engineer
Topoplan and Genplan CAD software, 3D terrain/buildings modeling and editing
- Designed and implemented many geometry primitives manipulation modules, for example, points creation/editing, circle aligning with splines etc.
- Designed and implemented math parabola library.
- Implemented several complex user interface dialogs.
- Organized and maintained internal project documentation, including web site, automatic code documentation system with DoxyGen.
- Got strong C++ and STL experience with algorithms and big data sets.
July 2003 – May 2004
Spark IT, internet services development, Software Design Engineer and Team Leader
Messenger2 or M2 – Internet messenger with ICQ, AIM, MSN, Yahoo and IRC support, chat encryption, file sharing, video and audio conferences
- Found 4 developers and organized project team.
- Designed general product's architecture and components.
- Implemented multiprotocol core layer, ICQ and AIM protocols support libraries, UI and configuration dialogs.
September 2000 – May 2003
EliteAuto, Official Volvo dealer in Belarus, Network and System administrator
- Routing and maintenance of Windows networks in offices
June 2007 — May 2008
Crossplatform IRC News Feeds Publisher Bot
- Designed and implemented highly configurable IRC bot for Windows and Linux, using curl, libmrss and libnxml libraries for RSS/Atom/XML parsing with full range character encodings support. It still lives in ByNets.org IRC network and publishes news ;)
October 2004 — 2014
ByNets — Belarussian IRC network, IRC network coordinator co-founder
- Created and supported public belarussian IRC network.
- Created and supported main web site based on RunCMS and later on Drupal.
- Configured and maintained several UnrealIRCd hub servers based on Linux and Windows.
September 2003 — June 2008
U6/X6 local network in Minsk, Home network administrator
- Residential (non-commercial) local network organisation (more than 350 machines).
- Provided IP, media and news services for local network users.
- Maintained Debian Linux and Windows 2003 servers with different LAN services, including local web sites and free hosting.
- Designed and implemented routing, DNS and DHCP between subnetworks, including long-range (several kilometers), point-to-point Wi-Fi connections to other residential networks.
- Implemented a lot of network administering Perl scripts for servers maintenance and network traffic analyzing.
October 2002 — May 2003
Belarussian State University of Informatics and Radioelectronics, Student
- Feedback Shift Registers Sequences generator and analysis
- Designed and implemented fast core algorithm for binary sequences generator and GUI for statistics visualization.
September 1999 – June 2004
Belarusian State University of Informatics and Radioelectronics in Minsk, Belarus Faculty of Computer Systems and Networks Graduated as Systems Software Engineer, the equivalent of Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
September 1988 – June 1999
Secondary and high school in Minsk
English: fluent Russian: mother language Belarussian: mother language Spanish: basic level
- Extensive experience in C, C++, ObjectiveC, Qt, STL, WTL, WinAPI, WinSock, MFC, ATL, Bash, Perl, Python, Assembler, HTML/XHTML, CSS, XML, XSLT
- General knowledge and some experience with C#, COM, Visual Basic, Java, PHP, SQL, Pascal
- Administrator and system developer experience with Windows 98/2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/7, Debian/Ubuntu Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X
- System and application developer experience with iPhone OS, Android, Samsung Bada, PocketPC 2003, Windows Mobile 5/6, Symbian OS S60 3rd and 5th Edition platforms
- Source Control Systems: Git, Mercurial, CVS, SVN, Borland StarTeam, Visual SourceSafe
- Project management and issue tracking systems: Redmine, Trac, Jira, eXplanner, FIT BugTrack, Borland Starteam
- Good knowledge of computer hardware and networks, HTTP/TCP-UDP/IP
- Good team building abilities and experience
- Project planning/estimating/documenting/management experience
- Market research experience
- Yoga & Health
- Traveling and discovering the World
- Working in the team
- Volleyball, football and swimming